Purchased a bed, 2 night stands and an armoire from Baers. This is all water under the bridge now as it was about 10 years ago. Items were delivered and set up in our bedroom. I was not there and my wife signed off on the furniture.
About 1 year after delivery we sold our house and was having the furniture moved. The mover was taking the bed apart when he asked, "Did you know your headboard is damaged?" When we looked at it we could see the medallion in the center was cracked. After moving it away from the wall we could see where it was cracked in the back and had been filled in with a ton of epoxy. The problem was the crack continued and came around to the front of the headboard.
I immediately took pictures and went to the store. We spoke to a customer service person at the counter who went to speak to the manager. The customer service person came back and told us that the manager said we should have discovered this earlier and nothing can be done now. The manager never come out to speak with us directly.
Needless to say we will never purchase from Baers again and have told as many people as we can to be very careful and inspect the product thoroughly when it's delivered for damage that has been repaired.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Broyhill Bed
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "In a nut shell I was terminated while on vacation. The dealership owes me roughly 4000.00 and cut me a check for 233.00. The gm stated sorry you have charge..."
- "purchased a good quality mattress from Mattress One in Ft.Myers. they couldnt give me a time when delivery would be, just it will be on Thursday sometime. when the truck..."
- "Bought what I thought was a cute pair of sandals. Left in box in closet & took out to wear this season. Fell apart. See photos..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."