Purchased a bed, 2 night stands and an armoire from Baers. This is all water under the bridge now as it was about 10 years ago. Items were delivered and set up in our bedroom. I was not there and my wife signed off on the furniture.
About 1 year after delivery we sold our house and was having the furniture moved. The mover was taking the bed apart when he asked, "Did you know your headboard is damaged?" When we looked at it we could see the medallion in the center was cracked. After moving it away from the wall we could see where it was cracked in the back and had been filled in with a ton of epoxy. The problem was the crack continued and came around to the front of the headboard.
I immediately took pictures and went to the store. We spoke to a customer service person at the counter who went to speak to the manager. The customer service person came back and told us that the manager said we should have discovered this earlier and nothing can be done now. The manager never come out to speak with us directly.
Needless to say we will never purchase from Baers again and have told as many people as we can to be very careful and inspect the product thoroughly when it's delivered for damage that has been repaired.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Broyhill Bed
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- " Be wary of purchasing anything here. I purchased the Venice Sofa, Love Seat and Ottoman and spent about $2000 for it. I love the set but am having warranty..."
- "KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of..."
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "Bought what I thought was a cute pair of sandals. Left in box in closet & took out to wear this season. Fell apart. See photos..."
- "Rented a car in fortmyers fl for weekend. Thought I would rent from Hertz since I was a mile from the new corporate location. Booked online thru Hertz.com. The reservation..."
- "In a nut shell I was terminated while on vacation. The dealership owes me roughly 4000.00 and cut me a check for 233.00. The gm stated sorry you have charge..."
- "HI i recently purchased the instyler max, as i was letting it heat up to full capacity i had it sitting on the so called heat pad and lucky i..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "This is the worst place to go!!!! Employees are idiots or something!!! After making wait more than 5 minutes to take my order I ask for the mint chocolate swirl..."